Apple Dump Cake
This amazing Apple Dump cake is going to be your Fall go-to dessert! It’s packed with apple flavor with the addition of a caramel drizzle. You will love how easy Apple Dump Cake is to make! It would make the perfect Thanksgiving dessert, or just a nice treat for friends and family after dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 cups
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cans apple pie filling (21 ounces each)
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut into thin slices
- ⅓ cup caramel topping (I used Hershey’s)
- Heat oven to 350. Spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump the apple pie filling in the pan and spread it out to the edges.
- Top the apple filling with the packaged cake mix, spreading it to the edges as evenly as possible.
- Place the thinly sliced butter all over the cake mix, spacing out evenly.
- Finish by drizzling the caramel topping over the cake.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool for about 15 minutes.
- Top with ice cream if desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for several days.
It may be tempting to add more caramel topping, but I found that 1/3 cup does the trick. You can always add more after it bakes.
Nutritional information is an estimate and doesn’t include ice cream.
Keywords: apples desserts, Holiday desserts, apple dump cake