Beef Chili Recipe
Nothing says comfort like a piping hot bowl of chili on a cool fall day! This version is made with ground beef, and is similar to the chili kits you can buy in the grocery store. This is an all time family favorite and a tradition on Halloween and Super Bowl Sunday!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds ground beef (I used ground sirloin)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 – 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 – 6 ounce can tomato paste
- ¼ to ⅓ cup easy taco seasoning depending on your taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans (or your favorite beans) drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons masa harina or corn meal
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Corn Bread
- Fritos or Tostada Chips
- Saltine Crackers
- Sliced Green Onions
- Chopped White Onions
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, saucepan or dutch oven. When meat is no longer pink, add onions and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add to tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, beef broth, and taco seasoning to beef mixture. Stir to combine.
- Partially cover pot and let simmer over low heat for one hour. If chili is getting dried out, add a bit more water or beef broth as necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine masa harina with ¼ cup warm water. Whisk until smooth; stir into chili.
- Add drained and rinsed beans to chili and stir. .
- Simmer over low heat, uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and doesn’t include toppings.
Keywords: chili, beef chili, main dish