Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and loaded with pumpkin flavor and studded with yummy chocolate chips! Great snack to have on hand during the holidays, or for a quick breakfast on the run or afternoon snack. Drizzle on some Maple Icing for an extra punch of fall flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 15 muffins
- Category: Breads
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: International
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree (yes, one whole can!)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin puree, sugars, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Gently fold pumpkin mixture into flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined. Don’t over mix the batter!!
- Spray (with non-stick cooking spray) or line a 12 cup muffin pan. Fill cups about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake in the center of the oven until lightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Repeat baking procedure until batter is gone.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Drizzle with Maple Icing.
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Reduce amount of milk in one teaspoon increments for a thicker icing.
This recipe makes about 15 muffins. Repeat baking process or discard extra batter.
Nutritional information is an estimate and doesn’t include Maple Icing.
Keywords: pumpkin, muffins, quick bread