Looking to combine your favorite summer dessert with your favorite fall flavor? Why not try this easy, no churn Pumpkin Ice Cream! It’s creamy and delicious with just the right amount of pumpkin. And it’s bursting with pieces of golden sandwich cookies, white chocolate chips, and marshmallows. This is a delicious dessert anytime of the year but especially when you’re craving a little taste of fall!
Homemade ice cream has never been this good. Did you even know you could make ice cream without a machine? You can! And you won’t believe how easy it is.
What’s in Pumpkin Ice Cream?
- Canned pumpkin
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Golden sandwich cookies
- Mini marshmallows
- White chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
How to make the recipe
Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and melted butter to an extra large bowl and whisk until combined.
Once you have a nice smooth mixture, add chopped cookie pieces, white chocolate chips, and marshmallows. Stir to combine then set is aside while you make the whipped cream.
Whip the cream to soft peaks-that means the cream will be firm enough to form a peak, but it will not stand up straight–it kinda wilts. Fold this cream into the pumpkin mixture.
The pumpkin ice cream will have to freeze for about 4-6 hours before it’s ready. I like to use a 64 ounce plastic storage container like this one.
And when the difficult wait is over, you will have glorious Pumpkin Ice Cream!
I like to dust a little cinnamon and crushed cookie crumbs on top! I think I’ll try nutmeg next time!
Feel free to experiment with your ice cream! You can leave out the white chocolate, crushed cookies, and marshmallows if desired. Or try these other mix-in ideas:
- Chocolate chips, chunks or shavings
- Chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
- Graham crackers, chopped
- Chopped candied pecans or walnuts
- Chopped brownies or blondies
- Chocolate or caramel sauce swirled into the ice cream before putting it in the freezer.
More popular dessert recipes
Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 cup canned or homemade pureed pumpkin
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 cups golden sandwich cookies chopped into bite sized pieces I used Oreo’s brand
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and melted butter to an extra large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add chopped cookie pieces, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, whip 2 cup of very cold heavy cream into soft peaks. (See photo in post).
- Fold whipped heavy cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour mixture into a tight fitting container. I used a Glad plastic food container.
- Freeze for 4 to 6 hours for a semi-soft ice cream.
- Dust with cinnamon and cookie crumbs.
If you made this Pumpkin Ice Cream, or any other recipe on the blog, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. I love hearing from my readers! You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!