Slow Cooker Meat Sauce
Pasta night just got a lot easier with this Slow Cooker Meat Sauce! This versatile sauce is slightly sweet and loaded with a hearty, meaty flavor. The best part is that it cooks in the slow cooker, for an easy dinner that is sure to become one of your family’s favorites!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: up to 8 hours
- Total Time: 4 to 8 hours and 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I like ground sirloin)
- ½ pound Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2-6 ounce cans tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- In a large pan or dutch oven, cook the ground beef, Italian sausage, onion, and garlic until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Transfer the cooked meat mixture to the insert of a 5 quart slow cooker or crockpot. Add the crushed tomatoes through the marjoram and stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Discard bay leaves before serving.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Nutritional information provided as an estimate.
Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
Keywords: meat sauce, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce