Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
This classic Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing recipe iis thick, rich and full of flavor! Great as a salad dressing, a dip with veggies and chicken wings, or as spread on your favorite burger. You only need about 10 minutes to make this homemade, versatile dressing.
- 4 oz. blue cheese crumbled more if desired
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tbsp chives thinly sliced
Add cheese to a medium bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, breaking up large crumbles of cheese.
Add sour cream, buttermilk, mayo, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days. The dressing will thicken once cold, so you can thin it out with buttermilk until desired consistency.
- You can use Greek yogurt in place of the mayo, sour cream or both. Replace the mayo or sour cream with equal amounts of yogurt, of use ¾ cup if replacing both.
- What do you eat with blue cheese dressing? This versatile recipe is amazing drizzled over salads or as a dip for cut up, raw vegetables. It's also a great with chicken wings or served along side grilled meats. If you've never had it with a burger, then you're missing out! You can use it as a spread for just about any sandwich combination you can think of.
Serving: 2tbsp | Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 119IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg