Easy Caramel Sauce
You'll love this homemade Easy Caramel Sauce! It's made with evaporated milk and caramel candy and ready in about 20 mintutes.
- 14 oz package caramels
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 ¼ tsp instant expresso powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
Place unwrapped caramel candies in a medium sauce pan.
In a separate bowl, combine evaporated milk and instant espresso powder. Add mixture to pan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until completely smooth. Stir in maple syrup.
- It's super important to stir the sauce as the caramels melt. This will keep it from burning.
- If you don't want to add instant espresso powder, you can leave it out. It adds just a hint of coffee or "mocha" flavor. You can use instant coffee, but the flavor will be even more mild and may not come through.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and/or ½ teaspoon cinnamon for a flavor variation.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 169mg | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 1mg