Apple Dump Cake
This Apple Dump cake is so simple because it's made with pie filling and cake mix! This recipe is so easy, you'll turn to it again and again. This version is drizzled with caramel sauce. Only 4 ingredients!
Servings: 9 cups
- 2 cans apple pie filling 21 ounces each
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, cut into thin slices about 20 slices
- ⅓ cup caramel topping, warmed slightly I used Hershey’s
- ice cream optional
Heat oven to 350. Spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Dump the apple pie filling in the pan and spread it out to the edges.
Top the apple filling with the packaged cake mix, spreading it to the edges as evenly as possible.
Place the thinly sliced butter all over the cake mix, spacing out evenly.
Drizzle the warmed caramel topping over the butter layer.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Don't over bake. Cool for about 15 minutes.
Top with ice cream.
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for several days. Reheat in microwave to desired temperature.
- Use any brand of pie filling and cake mix for the recipe-Target's Market Pantry and Duncan Hines are my favorites for this cake.
- Caramel sauce-don't be generous with the caramel sauce-just ⅓ cup is plenty. It will be too sweet if you use any more. Warm it up in the microwave a little so it will pour nicely.
- Don't over bake! The caramel sauce will harden if left to bake too long. You can add the caramel sauce at the halfway point (about 15 minutes in) if preferred.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 538mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 323IU | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 1mg