Peanut Butter Truffles
These Peanut Butter Truffles, also known as peanut butter balls, are a delicious, no bake chocolate treat anyone can make. Made with just 4 ingredients including cookies and cream cheese. Ready in less than an hour!
Servings: 18 Servings
- 16 oz package peanut butter sandwich cookies such as Nutter Butters
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 10 oz dark chocolate melting wafers melted
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels for drizzle, optional
- 1 tsp oil coconut, vegetable, canola- if using for drizzle
Place all the peanut butter sandwich cookies in the food processor. Pulse until crumbs form.
Add cream cheese and mix until well combined and mixture resembles cookie dough.
Use a melon baller to scoop enough filling to make each truffle. Roll the mixture in the palms of your hands to form small balls. Make 36 balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. After formed, place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Dip each ball into melted chocolate, covering completely. I like to use two forks, but you can use any utensils or toothpicks. Let the excess chocolate drip off the truffle before placing back onto parchment paper. To melt chocolate: place chocolate discs in microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between intervals.
Place truffles back in the refrigerator until chocolate is set, about 15 minutes.
To make the butterscotch drizzle: place 1 tsp oil and 1 cup of morsels in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with the smallest tip or a sandwich bag. Push the melted butterscotch into one corner of the bag. Snip a very small piece off the corner. Drizzle over truffles.
Place back in the refrigerator to set up, about 5 minutes.
- I highly recommend using melting chocolate wafers or discs as pictured above. If you've ever had chocolate seize up on you, then you'll appreciate how easy the discs are to use.
- Use milk chocolate in place of dark.
- I love the look and taste of the butterscotch drizzle for these Peanut Butter Morsels, but feel free to use white chocolate, milk chocolate, or more dark chocolate. Another idea is to dip them in sprinkles right after coating them in chocolate. This is a great way to decorate them for a specific holiday or event.
- The truffles will form "feet" on the bottom where they were sitting on the baking sheet. If they bother you or are excessively large, you can use a sharp knife to trim them off.
- If you want to make them ahead, you can form the balls and refrigerator or freeze them until ready to use. Or you can make them as written and store them in the refrigerator for a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 2truffles | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 51mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 4mg