Easy Taco Salad
Easy Taco Salad Recipe is an easy and healthy-ish salad the whole family will love. Made with grounf beef, fresh corn, black beans, and topped with spicy Doritos and a creamy southwest dressing. You'll love this easy and classic dinner that works as a side or main dish!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons mild flavored oil such as vegetable or canola or cooking spray on a nonstick skillet
- 1 pound lean ground beef such as ground sirloin
- 1 poblano pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons Easy Taco Seasoning or 1 package store bought
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2- 11 ounce bags romaine or iceberg lettuce or a mix of the two
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar pepper jack, or Mexican blend cheese
- 1-2 avocados diced or sliced; optional
- 3 cups crushed Doritos Spicy, Nacho Cheese or Cool Ranch
- ¼ cup bottled salsa such as Pace (not chunky style)
- ½ cup ranch dressing bottled or homemade
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chopped poblano pepper and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
Increase heat to medium high. Crumble ground beef into pan. Add taco seasoning and cook until browned and no longer pink.
Add drained black beans and corn to beef mixture. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
Add lettuce to a large salad bowl. Top with taco meat, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and crushed chips.
Drizzle dressing over and serve immediately.
- This Easy Taco Salad is best with a heartier lettuce such as iceberg or romaine. I like to combine the two and add a few leaves of green or red leaf as well. Feel free to use the bagged version, or tear your own.
- Not into black beans? Swap out with whatever your favorite is…pinto, navy, kidney. If you prefer to leave the beans out all together, then add about half a pound more of ground beef.
- Does ground turkey work well as taco meat? Yes, it does. I use it all the time in place of ground beef.
- Doritos not your thing? No problem. You can leave them out. Many different varieties of chips will work like corn tostada chips, Fritos (any flavor) or just plain croutons!
- The dressing works great as a dip too!
Serving: 6servings | Calories: 1016kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1388mg | Potassium: 882mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 771IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 349mg | Iron: 4mg