Instant Pot Coconut Jasmine Rice
This instant pot coconut jasmine rice recipe takes the guesswork out of cooking rice. It's made with just 4 simple ingredients including coconut milk. Set the rice cooker aside because your versatile pressure cooker can do the work.
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- 14 oz. coconut milk full fat, canned
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt kosher
- Cut up lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Toasted sesame seeds
Rinse rice well with water.
Add rice and remaining ingredients to instant pot. Stir well.
Close and lock lid. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. When the cooking cycle ends, use a natural release for 7 minutes. Release remaining pressure.
Unlock lid and give the rice a stir, or fluff with a fork.
Serve with lime wedges, chopped cilantro, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Use full fat coconut milk for best results.
- Don't dump and go! Be sure to stir the ingredients before cooking in the pressure cooker.
- The instant pot is a great rice cooker. Here's another instant pot rice recipe you might want to try- Mexican Rice (Arroz Rojo).
- You don't have to use fresh lime juice or cilantro, but you'll be missing out if you don't! It gives this side dish a brightness that takes it over the top!
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 4mg