Raspberry Preserves Streusel Bars
There’s just nothing like an easy dessert or snack recipe like these Raspberry Bars made with jam and topped with a crumbly streusel. This version includes fresh raspberries and a shortbread like cookie crust that’s perfectly crisp!
For the crust:
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar granulated
- 1 tsp almond extract or vanilla
- 1 cup flour all purpose; unbleached
For the filling
- ¾ cup raspberry preserves
- 16 fresh raspberries
For the streusel
- ½ cup oats old fashioned
- ⅓ cup brown sugar light or dark
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup flour all purpose; unbleached
- ¼ cup butter cut into small cubes and very cold
For the vanilla icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar measure after sifted
- 2-3 tbsp milk or heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or almond extract almond icing
To make crust:
Add melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt together in a medium bowl. Add the flour and mix until well combined. Press the dough into the baking pan using your fingers or the bottom of a glass. Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove pan from the oven and turn the heat up to 350º F.
Spread the preserves over the warm crust. Top with fresh raspberries.
To make streusel:
Toss oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour to a medium bowl. Add cut up, chilled butter and blend with a pastry blender, two forks, or your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the raspberry filling. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the streusel is golden brown and the filling is bubbling on the edges.
Remove from the oven and cool completely. Can be chilled and stored in the refrigerator.
Drizzle with vanilla icing (optional).
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
- Use vanilla extract instead of almond extract. I love the combination of almond and raspberry, but vanilla is just as delicious!
- Experiment with different types of preserves and jams like strawberry, apricot, and peach.
- These raspberry bars store well in the refrigerator and will keep for about 5 days. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 273mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 473IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg