Turkey and Cauliflower Asian Lettuce Wraps are light, healthy and full of flavor. The addition of cauliflower gives this dish a nutritional boost, and if you don’t tell anyone, they might not even know it’s there!
Bring your favorite restaurant flavors home with this nutritious take on Asian lettuce wraps. This is one of my go-to recipes when I want to get dinner on the table in a hurry. You can skip the take-out because this can be ready in about 30 minutes.
Turkey and Cauliflower Asian Lettuce Wraps are a snap to make. Once you have your veggies chopped, your lettuce washed, just mix up a delicious sauce, brown some ground turkey and you’re in business.
I love the addition of cauliflower because it soaks up all the savory flavors. And it’s a great way to bump up the nutrients and fiber of the dish!
What is hoisin sauce?
Hoisin sauce is a slightly sweet, salty sauce used in Chinese cooking. It’s widely available in most grocery stores (I bought a jar from Target). Look for it in the Asian or global food aisle.
How can I change up the recipe?
- You can easily substitute ground chicken for turkey.
- You can omit the cauliflower and add another half pound of meat.
- You can use cashews instead of peanuts.
Do in need any special tools to make Turkey and Cauliflower Asian Lettuce Wraps?
You probably have everything you need to make this dish. This is my favorite non-stick skillet. I use it all the time for just about everything I cook!
What I love about this dish is its versatility! Feel free to experiment and let me know how it turns out in the comments section below!
If you made Turkey and Cauliflower Asian Lettuce Wraps, or any other recipe on the blog, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. I love hearing from my readers! You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!Print
Turkey and Cauliflower Asian Lettuce Wraps
These quick and easy lettuce wraps get a nutritious boost from the addition of cauliflower. If you love Asian flavors, you’ll love these Turkey and Cauliflower Asian Lettuce Wraps!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 lettuce wraps
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce (leave this out for a milder flavor)
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally (reserve some for garnish if desired)
- ⅓ cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Shredded carrots, for serving (optional)
- Butter or Romaine lettuce, about 8 large leaves
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion; cook for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add minced garlic and cook for one minute.
- Crumble ground turkey into pan with onion and garlic and brown until cooked through.
- While the turkey cooks, steam cauliflower in the microwave (put cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and cook for one minute). Drain and set aside.
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chile garlic paste in a small bowl. Add to turkey mixture along with the steamed cauliflower and green onions. Stir to combine.
- Simmer turkey mixture over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Divide turkey mixture between 8 lettuce leaves.
- Top evenly with chopped peanuts and remaining green onions.
This contains affiliate links.
The following nutritional information is an estimate.
Keywords: asian recipes, 30 minutes or less, healthy recipes
Save for later and pin to pinterest!