Turkey and cauliflower lettuce wraps are light, healthy, and flavorful. The addition of cauliflower gives this dish a nutritional boost, and if you don't tell anyone, they might not even known it's there. Whether served as an appetizer or main dish, you'll love that these wraps cook up in less than 30 minutes.
Why you'll love these lettuce wraps
It's so easy to make! These lettuce wraps are a snap to make. Once you prep the cauliflower, you just need to mix up the sauce and cook the ground turkey.
It's made with easy to fresh and pantry ingredients.
You can make these lettuce wraps in less than 30 minutes.
Take out flavor at home. Skip the take out and make these instead!
Add oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Once heated, add turkey, garlic, and the white and light green parts of the green onions. Cook until meat is browned and cooked through.
While the turkey cooks, steam cauliflower in the microwave until crisp tender, about 1 minute. Mix hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chile garlic sauce together in a small bowl. Pour over cooked meat along with the steamed cauliflower and the remaining green onions. Stir well to combine. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and top wraps with shredded carrots and chopped peanuts.
Recipe notes and tips
What is hoisin sauce?
Hoisin is a slightly sweet, slightly salty sauce used in Chinese cooking. It's widely available at most grocery stores. I bought mine at Target. Look for it in the Asian, international, or global food isle.
How can I change up the recipe?
Use ground chicken, ground pork, or ground beef instead of turkey or a combination.
Skip the cauliflower and add a half pound more meat. You can also sub in mushrooms for the cauliflower too. Chop the mushrooms and add to meat mixture without steaming and before adding the sauce. Let the mushroom cook until liquid is released. Add sauce mixture and heat through.
Use cashews in place of peanuts.
Can I make lettuce wraps ahead?
Absolutely! Make the recipe as written but don't assemble the wraps. Store the meat, lettuce, and carrots separately in the refrigerator. Reheat the meat mixture in the microwave or on the stove top and serve as usual.
Try these other 30 minute recipes
Thank you for reading this recipe! If you make it, I’d love for you to give it a ★ rating below. This lets me know what you like and want to see more of.
Turkey and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 1 tablespoon oil mild flavored
- 5 green onions sliced; white and light green parts separated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce leave this out for a milder flavor
- Butter or Romaine lettuce about 8 large leaves
- ⅓ cup dry roasted peanuts chopped, or cashews
- Shredded carrots optional
- Lime wedges optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add light parts of green onion, ground turkey, and garlic. Cook until meat is well browned, about 5 minutes.
- While the turkey cooks, steam cauliflower in the microwave (put cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for one minute). Drain and set aside.
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chile garlic paste in a small bowl. When the meat is cooked, add sauce to turkey mixture along with the steamed cauliflower and remaining green onions. Stir to combine.
- Simmer turkey mixture over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Divide turkey mixture between 8 lettuce leaves.
- Top evenly with chopped peanuts and shredded carrots.