You'll love these air fryer red potatoes. This side dish is easy to prepare and packed with flavor. These potatoes are roasted in the air fryer for just 12 minutes, giving them a perfect golden-brown color on the outside and making them tender on the inside.
- Flavorful - using za'atar seasoning to make air fryer red potatoes is absolutely delicious and brings amazing flavor to the potatoes.
- Easy to make - very easy with minimal prep time. It can be ready and on the table in under 30 minutes.
- Versatile - these potatoes aren't just a great side for dinner! They make a great appetizer served with my homemade buttermilk ranch dressing.
- Healthy - you only need a small bit of olive oil for this recipe, so you'll get plenty of flavors without a bunch of extra fat.
Potatoes - I use red potatoes, but you can use russets. Yukon gold potatoes also work for this recipe. Golden baby potatoes will also work.
Za'atar seasoning - a combination of marjoram, oregano and time with sumac and toasted sesame seeds. If you' re not a fan of Za'atar seasoning, you can use garlic powder, Italian seasoning or your favorite seasoning blend. You can also just use salt and pepper.
See recipe card for quantities.
Turn these air fryer red potatoes into a meal! Serve this my instant pot brisket recipe and my no bake chocolate pie!
How do I make air fryer red potatoes?
Always start with clean hands, work area, and kitchen utensils.
Step One: Wash and cut the potatoes in half. Transfer the potatoes into a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, and za'atar seasoning and toss potatoes until all coated.
Step Two: Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket of the air fryer. Select 380 ˚F and cook for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve hot.
- Air fryers vary so be sure you're familiar with how yours works.
- Toss or stir potatoes at the halfway point. It's a good idea to check how cooked they are so you can adjust your cooking time as needed.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking oil spray before cooking in order to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- Since there will be a lot of potatoes, they will not be in an even layer. Be sure to shake or flip them more often to allow even cooking.
I use the Cosori XL for all my air fryer recipes. It's perfect for 4 to 6 people. You may also like this one that's also a toaster oven, or this smaller one from Dash perfect for 2 people.
Easily change this air fryer red potatoes recipe to suit your taste.
Mediterranean inspired - use Italian seasoning blend before cooking then sprinkle with crumbled feta and freshly chopped parsley. Serve with my Greek pasta salad for a vegetarian meal.
Mexican inspired - use a mixture of chili powder, cumin, and paprika before cooking then top with freshly sliced jalepeños. Serve with my ground beef tacos.
Cajun - use your favorite Cajun seasoning blend or make your own from this recipe. Serve with my kielbasa and sauerkraut.
Storage and reheating
You can keep any leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freezing is also an option if you have lots of leftovers. You can freeze your roasted red potatoes for up to 4 months.
To reheat from refrigerated: you can microwave your leftover potatoes until warmed through. The time will depend on how many potatoes you are heating and the wattage of your microwave.
You can also toss them back in the air fryer or in the oven. Use a lower heat, about 300 F, and heat until warmed.
To reheat from frozen: let your potatoes thaw and then you can re-roast them in a 400 degrees F oven. Just be sure to spread them on a foiled-covered sheet pan and heat for about 10 minutes or until warm.
People also ask
Yes! Red potatoes are perfect for roasting. This is because they have a very earthy and rich flavor and soak up flavors really well.They also have a nice firm texture that won't turn to mush after cooking.
Za Atar seasoning is popular in Middle Eastern culture. This delicious seasoning is usually a combination of marjoram, oregano and time with sumac and toasted sesame seeds. It tastes great in many dishes and gives a wonderful flavor to roasted potatoes!
No, it is not! However, boiling your potatoes for a few minutes before roasting them will help to make sure that they end up crispy on the outside and nice and tender on the inside.
Be sure potatoes are dry before cooking. Also, using oil spray or olive oil will help crisp them up.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Corn on the Cob
- Waffle Fries
- Baked Potatoes
- Whole Chicken
- Frozen Biscuits
- Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Turkey Meatballs
- Frozen Chicken Wings
CLICK HERE to have recipes delivered via email!
Air Fryer Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs red potatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon za'atar seasoning or your favorite blend
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Cut in half.
- Transfer the potatoes into a medium bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, and za'atar seasoning and mix until all coated.
- Place the potatoes in the basket of the air fryer.
- Select 380 ˚F and cook for 12 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Did you make the recipe? Share a tip here!