Easy Tzatziki Recipe is a delicious and nutritious dip that’s perfect when you’re craving a lighter and healthy snack. This versatile recipe can be used as a dip with cut up veggies and pita chips, or as a tasty spread for sandwiches, burgers, wraps, and of course gyros! Perfect for entertaining because it only takes about 15 minutes to make and can be made ahead. Try it at your next BBQ or get together!
Have you ever tried tzatziki? Once I did, I was hooked on this cool, cucumber sauce that makes a great dip or spread.
What’s in Easy Tzatziki Recipe?
Greek Yogurt – A nutritional power house that gives this recipe a nice tang and you a calcium boost! I like to use whole fat (5%) yogurt, but you can substitute with low or nonfat. Just be sure you use the thicker Greek style.
Cucumbers – A healthy, low calorie vegetable that’s loaded with nutrients like potassium and vitamin C as well as fiber. You can use regular salad cucumbers or the English Hot House variety (these are individually wrapped in plastic). I used regular, so I peeled most of the skin off and took the seeds out. If you use the thinner skinned English variety, you can leave it in tact.
Olive Oil – For a truly authentic tzatziki, use a Greek olive oil. I used what I had on hand.
Dill and Lemon – These can be adjusted to taste. It’s always best to start with a smaller amount and add more as desired.
Garlic – Garlic pairs so well with this recipe and gives it a nice flavor punch. Be sure to chop the garlic as finely as you can, to avoid having huge chunks. I like to use a garlic press for this recipe- you simple put the entire clove (skin and all) into it, squeeze the handles together and the flesh comes right through. If you don’t want any garlic pieces in your tzatziki, you can slightly crush two large cloves and place them in the tzatziki. Remove them after about 30 minutes and stir.
How do I make Easy Tzatziki Recipe?
Please see recipe card below for full printable instructions.
- Peel, seed, and chop cucumbers
- Squeeze excess moisture from cucumbers, discarding liquid.
- Stir cucumber, yogurt, olive oil, lemon, dill, garlic, and salt together.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Serve!
What goes with Easy Tzatziki Recipe?
You’ll love how versatile this Easy Tzatziki Recipe is!
- Make a great dip with pita chips, crackers, and vegetables like sliced peppers and carrots.
- Serve along side hummus and olives.
- Makes a delicious spread for sandwiches, wraps, and burgers.
Other Popular Mediterranean Recipes You’ll Like
Easy Tzatziki Recipe
- 1 cucumber regular or seedless
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt I use 5% fat, substitute with low fat if desired
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil plus some to drizzle
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove finely diced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Using hands, squeeze excess moisture from diced cucumber. Discard liquid.
- Combine squeezed cucumber, yogurt, olive oil, dill, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes to let flavors come together. Adjust herbs, lemon, garlic, and salt as desired.
- Easy Tzatziki Recipe will keep in refrigerator for about 3-4 days. Drain excess water that may have accumulated on top and stir well before serving.