Mexican Pasta Salad is delicious pasta salad made with your favorite Mexican and Tex Mex flavors. This version is made with roasted fresh corn, jalepeños, black beans, black olives, tomatoes, avocado, and a Creamy Chile Lime dressing. Perfect for a summer potluck or BBQ!
I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite things about summer is making easy dishes like this Mexican Pasta Salad. It doesn’t heat up the kitchen, and it makes a light side dish with something off the grill or even a lighter lunch or supper all on its own.
Summer is all about casual get-togethers without the fuss. Why not add this easy dish to your next block party or BBQ? Need something for the Fourth of July? This would make a nice take-along dish because it goes great with grilled chicken or beef, burgers, fajitas, or as a hearty vegetarian meal.
Why not try my Cilantro Lime Green Chile Grilled Chicken?
Another thing I love about Mexican Pasta Salad is that it takes advantage one of my favorite summer foods-corn! Avocados and tomatoes are also less expensive in the summer, and this salad is chock full of summer’s bounty!
How do I make Mexican Pasta Salad?
Please see the recipe card for the full instructions!
This pasta salad isn’t hard to make-if you can boil pasta, you can make this salad!
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need.
The first thing you want to do is make the dressing and set it aside in the refrigerator.
The next thing to do is get the corn and jalepeño ready to roast. Just cut the fresh corn off the cob and place it along with the chopped jalepeño on a large cooking sheet. Hint-place the corn in a bowl or over a kitchen towel to keep it in the vicinity! Spread corn in a single layer and bake for about 20 minutes.
While the corn cooks, prep the rest of the salad ingredients. When it comes to prepping the avocado, I like to cut it in half, remove the seed, then peel the skin off. I then cut the avocado to the desired size. I think this is a much better approach than trying to cut the avocado while it’s still in the shell!
Cook the pasta (with plenty of salt). When it’s done, drain it and give it a quick rinse to stop the cooking process. When it’s had a chance to cool a bit, add it to a large bowl along with the other ingredients.
Pour the dressing over and gently fold it all together.
Top with cheese, cilantro, and green onions!
And that is all!
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY
Mexican Pasta Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 pound short cut pasta such as rotini or cavatappi cooked according to package directions
- 4 ears fresh corn cut off the cob
- 1 jalepeño chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive or other mild flavored oil
- 1- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1- 15 oz can medium black olives halved
- 2 avocados peeled and diced
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- 3 green onions white and green parts, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese or to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish optional
For Creamy Chili Lime Dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic chopped finely leave out if you don’t like raw garlic or have a hot date in your future
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 5-10 shakes of pepper sauce such as jalepeño or traditional Tabasco
- Pre-heat oven to 425º.
- To make dressing: mix all ingredients together until well combined. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Cook pasta, drain and give it a quick rinse; set aside.
- Toss corn and jalepeño with oil then spread on a cookie sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Add pasta, corn mixture, black beans, black olives, avocados, and tomatoes to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over pasta salad.
- Gently fold all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Sprinkle cheese over salad.
- Top with green onions and cilantro if desired.
If you made this Mexican Pasta Salad, or any other recipe on the blog, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. I love hearing from my readers! You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!