Easy Homemade Mexican Guacamole is simple, healthy and sure to be a crowd pleaser! Serve it as a dip with tortillas chips or along side fajitas, tacos, quesadillas….the possibilities are endless. Serve this authentic guacamole at your next party or taco night dinner!
Easy Homemade Mexican Guacamole is hands down one of the best guacamole recipes out there. If you’re looking for a traditional guacamole that goes great with everything, look no more!
You will need just a few simple, but important ingredients.
Using ripe avocados is key. The skin should be black. When you squeeze it, it should give. If your avocados are green and hard, leave them out on the counter for a few days and allow them to ripen.
Finely dice the red onion and jalepeño. That will help distribute them throughout the guacamole. And who wants to eat a big chunk of raw onion or jalepeño? If you’re not into spice, then you could leave the jalepeño out, but I don’t recommend doing that. This is Mexican guacamole. I promise it won’t put hair on your chest—unless you want more hair on your chest. Then yes, it will put hair on your chest.
Mash one avocado completely and dice the other one and fold it in with the other ingredients. See the little chunks of avocado in there? Oh ya, that’s good stuff!
Do I need any special tools to make Easy Homemade Mexican Guacamole?
I make the guacamole with utensils I have around the kitchen. You could use a molcajete, a Mexican mortar and pestle made from lava rock, to mash and serve the guacamole. I love serving guacamole in a white bowl, but these bowls are fun, especially if you are having a Mexican themed get together.
Be sure and check out my post on a recent trip to the Riviera Maya!Print
Easy Homemade Mexican Guacamole
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 large or 3 small ripe avocados
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup tomato, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste (I usually start with ½ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.)
- Fresh lime juice to taste (about 1/8-1/4 of a juicy lime)
- Tortilla chips for serving.
- Peel avocados from skin and remove the large pit.
- Using a fork, mash one avocado in a medium bowl until creamy. Dice the other avocado and add to the bowl.
- Add diced red onion, chopped cilantro, diced tomato, salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lime.
- Gently fold the mixture together.
- Taste and adjust salt, pepper and lime juice. Don’t add too much lime or the guacamole will turn watery.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for a couple of hours. I don’t recommend preparing guacamole a day ahead because as the avocado oxidizes, it will turn a mucky gray-brown. It’s still safe to eat, but isn’t very pretty.
This post contains affiliate links.
The nutritional information is an estimate.
Keywords: guacamole recipe, mexican food, party food
If you made Easy Homemade Mexican Guacamole, or any other recipe on the blog, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. I love hearing from my readers! You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
pin for later!