Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and loaded with pumpkin flavor. But that’s not all—they’re studded with yummy chocolate chips too! These muffins make a great snack to have on hand during the holidays, or for a quick breakfast on the run or afternoon snack. Drizzle on some Maple Icing for an extra punch of fall flavor!
When pumpkin season comes along, I’m right there, jumping on that band wagon and filling up my home with everything pumpkin.
But what makes this recipe stand out? The addition of chocolate chips! Who ever decided that pumpkin and chocolate goes together was a culinary genius. (What I really imagine is something along the lines of the old Reese’s commercials…”you got your pumpkin in my chocolate-you got your chocolate in my pumpkin…”)
Anyway, pumpkin and chocolate are great together and these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are a perfect example of said union!
Why not make things more interesting by drizzling on some maple icing? Yes, now we’re talking! These muffins are delicious with or without!
easy ways to change-up pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
Okay, maybe you’re that one in a million that doesn’t like chocolate? That’s ok – just leave it out. You can also try substituting the chocolate with some of these ideas:
- chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts
- dried fruit like cranberries, raisins or cherries
- white chocolate chips
- diced fresh fruit such as apple or pear (peel removed)
Now go make yourself a batch and let me know how they turned out!Print
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and loaded with pumpkin flavor and studded with yummy chocolate chips! Great snack to have on hand during the holidays, or for a quick breakfast on the run or afternoon snack. Drizzle on some Maple Icing for an extra punch of fall flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 15 muffins
- Category: Breads
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: International
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree (yes, one whole can!)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin puree, sugars, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Gently fold pumpkin mixture into flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined. Don’t over mix the batter!!
- Spray (with non-stick cooking spray) or line a 12 cup muffin pan. Fill cups about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake in the center of the oven until lightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Repeat baking procedure until batter is gone.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Drizzle with Maple Icing.
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Reduce amount of milk in one teaspoon increments for a thicker icing.
This recipe makes about 15 muffins. Repeat baking process or discard extra batter.
Nutritional information is an estimate and doesn’t include Maple Icing.
Keywords: pumpkin, muffins, quick bread
If you made this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe, or any other recipe on the blog, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. I love hearing from my readers! You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Love Pumpkin? Check out these other pumpkin recipes!
Pumpkin Ice Cream (no churn)