One Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is one of my family’s all time favorite fall desserts. Everyone loves it because it’s super moist, filled with chocolate chips and topped with a chocolate glaze. I love it because it’s so easy to make because it uses cake mix. You just need one bowl to make this simple fall dessert that’s sure to be loved by the pumpkin lovers in your family too!
There’s nothing I love more than a fool-proof dessert and this one certainly takes the cake!
See what I did there?
If you’re a pumpkin lover then this this One Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is for you! Heck, it’s so moist and delicious you might even be able to get some non-pumpkin lovers to change teams!
What ingredients are in Pumpkin chocolate chip bundt cake?
Spice Cake Mix – Yes, you heard right! This cake is so easy to make because we rely on good ole’ cake mix to do most of the heavy lifting. If you can’t find spice cake mix, you can substitute with yellow mix, just add about 1 teaspoon of all spice. I can’t promise the same flavor, but it will be close!
Canned Pumpkin Puree – I don’t always love using canned vegetables, but canned pumpkin is the exception. It makes this cake incredibly moist. If you happen to make homemade pureed pumpkin, by all means substitute with that.
Eggs – Eggs will help leaven the cake as well as add a nice structure. This cake can be sliced easily and has a tender crumb.
Butter – Everything’s better with butter, right? Butter add flavor and richness to the cake. If you are watching your fat intake, you can skip adding butter to this recipe.
Vanilla Extract – Vanilla will add a nice flavor to the cake as well as help enhance the other flavors. Vanilla and chocolate pair exceptionally well!
Chocolate Chips – While you could make this cake without the chocolate, why would you-lol! Chocolate and pumpkin taste great together and I’m so thankful to the baker who decided to put the two together!
Now for the fun part…
How do I make Pumpkin Chocolate chip bundt cake?
Please see printable recipe card below for complete instructions.
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a mixing bowl.
- Beat for one to two minutes, or until well blended.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 35-40 minute.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips to make a glaze.
- Drizzle over bundt cake.
To make the drizzle pattern, place the melted chocolate a plastic zip top baggie. Cut the tip according to the size you want your drizzle to be.
How can I change up this pumpkin chocolate chip bundt cake recipe?
- Leave out the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar instead of melted chocolate.
- Use homemade or store bought frosting instead of melted chocolate. Choose any flavor such as cream cheese, vanilla, or fudge.
- Substitute spice cake for another flavor such as vanilla, French vanilla, yellow or chocolate!
other popular fall recipes you’ll enjoy!Print
One Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is one of my family’s all time favorite fall desserts. Everyone loves it because it’s super moist, filled with chocolate chips and topped with a chocolate glaze. I love it because it’s so easy to make because it used cake mix! You just need one bowl to make this simple fall dessert that’s sure to be loved by the pumpkin lovers in your family too!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 16 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package spice cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid packed pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling!
- 2 eggs
- ½ water
- 3 tablespoon melted butter, cooled
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips for the cake
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted (for the glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray, or spray with cooking spray if using a non-stick pan.
- Combine cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, water, butter, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Beat one to two minutes until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Top cake with melted chocolate.
- To melt chocolate in the microwave: place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between intervals.
Nutritional information is an estimate.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 150
Keywords: bundt cake recipes, pumpkin pound cake, fall desserts