Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts is a super-easy recipe to get your kids or picky eaters to eat their vegetables! These frozen brussels can be air fried in just 15 minutes for a restaurant-quality dish that will delight the taste buds without the wait.
Air Fryers use hot air to speed up the cooking process and infuse foods with delicious flavor without adding extra fat or grease. This Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts recipe is made using an Air Fryer basket with a perforated bottom for maximum air circulation while cooking.
Air-fried brussels sprouts are incredibly crispy and much healthier than brussels sprouts that have been doused with oil before cooking. These brussels sprouts are absolutely delicious and will go great paired with any meal!
- Uses frozen not fresh brussels sprouts
- Healthy and full of fiber
Super easy - incredibly easy to make as they can be whipped up in about 15 minutes.
Healthy - healthier alternative because you don't have to add extra oil to make them crispy. Air
Perfect side dish - these air-fried brussels sprouts make the perfect side dish for dinner when served with any dish. They are very versatile and so with so many things!
Frozen brussels sprouts - this recipe uses frozen brussels sprouts for convenience. Still, you can thaw them beforehand if you wish, and you can also use fresh if that's what you prefer.
Balsamic glaze - this is what gives your air fryer brussels sprouts their delicious flavor. However, if you do not like the taste of balsamic glaze, you can skip this.
How to make air fryer brussels sprouts
Always start with clean hands, work area, and kitchen utensils.
Step One: preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (about 3 to 5 minutes). Spray brussels sprouts with oil spray, or toss with olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Step Two: Place brussels in an even layer in the basket. Cook for about 15 minutes. At the 8 minute mark, pause the air fryer and shake or flip them over.
Step Three: Resume cooking and cook until the time is up, or until cooked through and golden brown. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, if desired.
To bake in the oven: preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare brussels sprouts with oil, salt, and pepper just like you would for air frying.
Roast for 20 minutes, then increase the heat to 450 degrees F. Take them out and give them a toss. Resume cooking until browned and cooked through.
- Be sure to follow the guidelines for your air fryer. Cooking times and temperatures may vary.
- For larger brussels sprouts, add 2-3 minutes more cooking time.
- If you like charred brussels sprouts, add them to a hot skillet after air frying and cook until charred to your liking.
- Thawed brussels sprouts will not need to cook as long.
Makes a great side dish choice for any meal! This versatile recipe can be served as an appetizer, snack, side dish, or even a vegetarian main course ingredient.
These air-fried sprouts also pair well with other classic sides, such as my loaded mashed potatoes, french fries, coconut rice, macaroni & cheese dishes, and meaty main courses like steak bites, roast chicken, roast turkey or chicken Stroganoff.
Storage and reheating
Cover and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat from refrigerated: use the air fryer for oven to reheat until hot throughout. Preheat to 350 F and it should only take 5 minutes or so.
I don't recommend freezing since these brussels were already frozen. For the best flavor and texture, consume them right away.
Helpful tools and equipment
Most asked questions
No, you don't! It is not a requirement to soak your brussels sprouts before cooking, but it might help them to cook a bit faster if you do. You can soak your sprouts for about 20 minutes prior to cooking if you would like.
Yes! Nutrition-wise, frozen brussels sprouts are just as healthy as fresh, and they are flash-frozen at the optimal time. Taste-wise, you may find that you prefer fresh brussels sprouts over frozen, but it really just depends on how you cook them.
Brussels sprouts are very good for you as they contain vitamins and fiber. However, they do tend to increase the amount of gas for some people so just be careful not to eat too many!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Crispy Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen Biscuits
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer Juicy Bratwursts
- Air Fryer Bean and Cheese Tostadas
Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- 16 ounce bag frozen brussels sprouts I used petite size
- Olive oil spray or 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper or to taste
- Balsamic glaze to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Spray brussels sprouts with oil spray, or toss with olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place brussels sprouts in an even layer in the basket.
- Cook for about 15 minutes. At the 8 minute mark, pause the air fryer and shake or flip them over. Resume cooking and cook until time is up, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze, if desired.