You’ll love this crockpot creamy ranch chicken recipe (also known as crack chicken) for your next lunch or dinner. It’s made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts and dry ranch seasoning. Cream cheese is what makes it so creamy and bacon makes it addicting and out of this world delicious.
Try my crockpot garlic chicken parmesan for another tasty slow cooker meal.
Why make crockpot creamy ranch chicken?
Made in the crockpot with boneless skinless chicken breasts for hands -off cooking.
Kid and family friendly flavors of cream cheese and ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese and bacon are sure to please picky eaters young and old.
This versatile crockpot creamy ranch chicken can be served on buns or Hawaiian rolls like a sandwich or you can serve it with cooked rice, pasta, egg noodles, or just a salad or vegetable side.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts - I like using chicken breasts because they are so easy to prep. You can use chicken thighs instead, but cook time may need to be adjusted.
Dry ranch seasoning mix - this is the stuff you buy to make ranch dressing. You are not going to make dressing though, just sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken.
Cream cheese - I like using Philadelphia brand cream cheese because I think it has the best flavor and the creamiest texture.
Canned green chile - I always try to add something Tex Mex to my recipes. You can leave it out or use one chopped up jalapeno. Adds flavor without much spiciness.
Bacon - you can fry or bake the bacon, but I usually use pre-cooked microwavable bacon because it’s convenient.
Cheddar cheese - isn’t everything better with a little cheddar cheese? It adds some color and if you use sharp cheddar you’ll have a little more flavor.
Green onion - adds a nice mild, oniony flavor for those that like it. Totally optional.
Scroll to see full, printable recipe card.
Step One: Spray the inside of the slow cooker/crockpot with non stick cooking spray. Keep chicken pieces whole and lay in the bottom of the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
Step Two: Sprinkle ranch seasoning over the chicken then top with cream cheese that’s been cut into large chunks and canned green chile.
Step Three: Cook on high for about three hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Cooking times will vary according to your slowcooker/crockpot.
Step Four: When the chicken is done, remove it and shred it with two forks. Add it back to the crockpot and stir everything together. Top with cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Cooking times will vary so it’s important to know how to check your chicken for doneness.
- Use a meat thermometer for accuracy.
- Philadelphia brand cream cheese works best.
- Here’s a homemade ranch dressing recipe.
Scoop onto hamburger buns or Hawaiian rolls.
Serve over rice, noodles or pasta.
Low carb options include serving it on its own or with a salad or some sliced tomatoes. Steamed or roasted broccoli is also a great idea.
Try my no bake chocolate pie for dessert!
Storage and reheating
Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days. Reheat on low power in the microwave to keep the chicken from getting dry and stringy.
To reheat in the oven: spread creamy ranch chicken in an oven safe dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake in a preheated 300 degree F oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.
Freeze in airtight, freezer safe containers for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave on low power or in the oven.
More chicken recipes
CLICK HERE to have recipes delivered via email!
Crockpot Creamy Ranch Chicken
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 packets dry ranch seasoning mix
- 2- 8 ounce blocks Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1- 4 ounce can diced green chile
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions garnish
- 8 hamburger buns
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker/crockpot with non stick cooking spray. Keep chicken pieces whole and lay in the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning over the chicken then top with cream cheese that’s been cut into large chunks and canned green chile.
- Cook on high for about three hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Cooking times will vary according to your slowcooker/crockpot.
- When the chicken is done, remove it and shred it with two forks. Add it back to the crockpot and stir everything together. Top with cheese, bacon, and green onions.
Adapted from The Recipe Critic.
Did you make the recipe? Share a tip here!