This No Bake Chocolate Pie is quick, easy, and loved by chocolate lovers young and old. Perfect as a make ahead dessert during the hectic holiday season, or whenever you’re craving a cool, creamy chocolate dessert.
I know–the holidays are about baking. But sometimes a girl just needs a dessert that’s quick, simple and doesn’t require the already over burdened oven.
That’s what makes this pie so great–make it ahead, pop it in the fridge, and serve it at your leisure!
This No Bake Chocolate Pie is also great for those pumpkin haters–you know who you are! I have a few of those in my house so I make this dessert every year for Thanksgiving. It’s also super kid friendly, so give them something to enjoy while the adults enjoy bourbon infused pecan pie and spiked egg nog.
Of course, you don’t have to wait until the winter holidays to make this recipe. Because this is a no bake dessert, it’s perfect for any time of year, especially summer time when it’s way too hot to heat up the kitchen. Try this dessert out at your next Fourth of July or Memorial Day get together!
How do i make no bake chocolate pie?
- Mix the pudding with the milk using a whisk to incorporate.
- Spread half of the pudding into the pie shell.
- Mix half a tub of the whipped topping into the remaining pudding and mix well with a whisk.
- Add the pudding mixture over the pudding layer.
Finally, cover the pudding with the remaining whipped topping and sprinkle on the chocolate chips.
Can No Bake Chocolate Pie be made ahead?
Yes, I like the make this the day (or night) before so it’s ready to go the next day. If you don’t have time the day before, just be sure to make the pie at least 2 hours before you want to serve it.
You can use reduced fat milk for this recipe, but I don’t recommend going less than 2%. You can also use light or fat free whipped topping, or use a homemade version.
Chocolate chips are my favorite way to top this dessert, but feel free to experiment with some of your favorite toppings! Here are some ideas to try:
- Dust with cocoa powder
- Candy coated chocolate in special colors
- Sprinkles and nonpareils
- Your favorite crushed candy bar
- Shaved chocolate (use a potato peeler to create shavings or ribbons)
If you made this No Bake Chocolate Pie, or any other recipe on the blog, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. I love hearing from my readers! You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
other dessert recipes you might like
No Bake Chocolate Pie
- 1 pre-made chocolate crumb crust such as Oreo brand I also love shortbread and graham cracker crust with this pie
- 2 - 3.9 ounce instant chocolate flavor pudding boxes such as Jello brand
- 1 ¾ cup cold whole milk
- 1 8 ounce tub whipped topping such as Cool Whip; thawed in refrigerator
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine both packages of pudding with the cold milk. Stir with a whisk until thickened-about one -two minutes.
- Spoon half the chocolate pudding into the pie shell and smooth the top.
- Add half the whipped topping to the remaining chocolate pudding. Whisk until well combined.
- Spoon the pudding/topping mixture over the pudding layer in the pie shell.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over the pudding layers.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate until completely set-about 2 hours.