You'll love how quick and easy this No Bake Chocolate Pie is to make. This version is made with instant pudding and whipped topping. Great for your next family gathering or anytime the chocolate craving hits!
Why you'll love it
It's quick and easy! This is one of the most popular recipes on The Travel Palate-why? Well, I think it's because it one of the easiest. All you need is 4 ingredients and about 10 minutes to make this no bake pie. What could be easier?
No baking required! Whether it's the holidays and the ovens are tied up with other things, or you just don't want to heat up the kitchen because it's the middle of a blazing hot summer, you'll love that this pie comes together without the oven!
It's made with easy to find fresh and pantry ingredients. Easily find these ingredients at your local market. If I know that I want to make this pie, I'll buy the items on my regular grocery trips then keep the whipped topping frozen until needed. Pudding mix and and cookie crumb pie shell will keep well in the pantry.
This No Bake Pie is 3 layers of chocolate goodness! The Oreo cookie crust, the dark chocolate layer, then the milk chocolate layer.
Step by Step Instructions
Combine both packages of pudding with cold milk. Stir with a whisk until thickened and well combined-about one minute. The mixture will be very thick. Add a splash or two of milk if needed to combine well. Spoon half of this mixture into pie shell.
To remaining pudding, add half the whipped topping. Stir until well combined. Mixture will be much easier to work with. Spoon into pie shell over the other pudding layer.
Finally, layer the rest of the whipped topping on top of the pudding. Top with mini chips, if desired.
Can be served immediately, or refrigerate to serve later.
If you plan to make a day ahead, add the whipped topping layer right before serving.
Use whole milk or 2% milk for best results. Lower fat milk will not be as thick.
Try other toppings like crushed or whole Oreo cookies, sprinkles, or even chocolate syrup. Let your imagination go wild!
Use homemade or canned whipped cream in place of whipped topping.
Refrigerate leftovers and enjoy within 2 days.
Is chocolate a health food? Find out from this article from Harvard Medical School.
Other easy desserts you'll love
No Bake Chocolate Pie
- 1 pre-made chocolate crumb crust such as Oreo brand
- 2 - 3.9 ounce instant chocolate flavor pudding boxes such as Jello Brand
- 1 ¾ cup milk whole or 2%; cold; add more if needed to make spreadable
- 8 ounce whipped topping thawed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips or other garnish; optional
- Combine both packages of pudding with the cold milk. Stir with a whisk until thickened-about one minute.
- Spoon half the chocolate pudding into the pie shell and smooth the top.
- Add half the whipped topping to the remaining chocolate pudding. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the pudding-whipped topping mixture over the first pudding layer in the pie shell.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over the pudding layers.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate until completely set-about 30 minutes.