Pasta night just got a lot easier with this Slow Cooker Meat Sauce! This versatile meat sauce is slightly sweet and loaded with a hearty, meaty flavor. The best part is that it cooks in the slow cooker for an easy dinner that is sure to become one of your family’s favorites!
You will love this Slow Cooker Meat Sauce because it’s bursting with tomato flavor and can be made with ingredients you already have in your pantry. This sauce is made with two meats–ground beef and Italian sausage. It’s thick and hearty and perfect for filling up a hungry family. Serve it with spaghetti, rigatoni, or whatever pasta noodle you enjoy most. It’s also great over zoodles or sauteed mushrooms for a lower carb option.
When you’re craving tomato sauce, I know it’s tempting to reach for the jarred stuff. I use it all the time too. But with just a little planning, you can create a delicious homemade sauce with almost no effort!
how do i make Slow Cooker Meat Sauce?
Cook ground beef, Italian sausage, onions, and garlic in a large pot or dutch oven. Drain off the fat then add it to the slow cooker.
Add the rest of the ingredients and set to low for 8 hours. Alternatively, you can cook it on high for 4 hours.
It’s really that simple.
tips for making slow cooker meat sauce
If you don’t have much time in the morning, cook the meat the night before. Add the meat and all the other ingredients to the slow cooker insert and place it in the refrigerator over night. In the morning, set it in the slow cooker and let the magic happen! You can also cook the sauce over night, then stick it in the fridge in the morning. When you’re ready to serve, warm it up in the microwave or in a sauce pan over medium heat.
I can make two meals from this recipe. We have it over pasta one night then I save the rest for lasagna or freeze it for pasta night another week! Enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Slow Cooker Meat Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef I like ground sirloin
- ½ pound Italian sausage crumbled
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1-28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2-6 ounce cans tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- In a large pan or dutch oven, cook the ground beef, Italian sausage, onion, and garlic until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Transfer the cooked meat mixture to the insert of a 5 quart slow cooker or crockpot. Add the crushed tomatoes through the marjoram and stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Discard bay leaves before serving.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
If you made this Slow Cooker Meat Sauce,or any other recipe on the blog, don’t forget to leave a rating and a comment below. I love hearing from my readers! You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!