This tasty Skillet Nachos recipe is a quick way to get a restaurant style dinner or appetizer on the table in about 30 minutes! This recipe comes together in one pan for easy clean-up! Perfect for game day or anytime you’re craving something full of Tex Mex flavor!
Why This Recipe Works
It’s quick and easy! You only need about 30 minutes to get this fun dish on the table for your hungry friends and family. Whether you’re hosting a gathering or just trying to get dinner on the table, you’ll love that this nachos dish comes together so fast. And what’s even better is that you can make this in one pan for the fastest clean-up ever.
It’s made with easy to find supermarket and panty ingredients. Chances are that you may already have most of these ingredients already. Why not toss them together to make these yummy nachos? You only need 7 ingredients for this recipe, and just a couple more of your favorite garnishes like Blender Salsa, avocado, jalepeño, and sour cream.
It’s a tasty Tex Mex dish that tastes like you’re eating out at a restaurant. Skip the wait and the crowds and eat at home! Sometimes we just crave a meal that delights the taste buds, and I promise you that these nachos will have them doing a happy dance! From the crunch of tortilla chips, the spice of the taco meat, to the melty goodness of the cheese, this is a dish you’ll want to make over and over again.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make these nachos. You may want to add some garnishes too like cilantro leaves, sour cream, diced tomatoes, and pickled or fresh jalepeños.
Step by step instructions
Gather your ingredients. Position an oven rack to the top third of the oven. Pre-heat the oven to 400º. In a 9 inch oven proof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and chopped garlic and cook until meat is no longer pink. Add store bought taco seasoning, or try my homemade Easy Taco Seasoning. Mix well until beef is evenly coated. Remove meat to plate or bowl.
In the same oven proof skillet, add a layer of chips on the bottom (no need to clean the skillet first-yay!). I used about 2 handfuls. They should overlap some. Then layer on half the meat mixture.
Continue layering by adding half the black beans and half the corn.
Top with half the cheese. Place skillet in oven and bake until cheese is just melted, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet and repeat layers starting with chips and ending with cheese. Bake again until cheese is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Top with your nachos with your favorite Tex Mex toppings like cilantro leaves, diced avocado, chopped tomatoes, and fresh or pickled jalenpeños.
Use a cast iron skillet or any oven proof pan. A cast iron skillet is a kitchen essential that every cook should own. If you don’t have one that’s ok, just be sure you use a pan that can withstand a 400º oven temperature.
Bake nachos on a sheet pan or baking dish instead of a skillet. Simply layer the ingredients in the same order. However, you won’t need to repeat the layers unless you’re doubling or tripling the recipe.
This is a versatile recipe with lots of options. Use your favorite ingredients or whatever you have on hand. Try ground turkey instead of beef, pinto beans instead of black beans, or pepper jack instead of cheddar. You can also make this vegetarian by forgoing meat altogether and doubling the amount of beans.
More Tex Mex Recipes you’ll like
- 9 inch cast iron skillet
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package store bought taco seasoning or 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 cup fresh frozen or canned corn
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 10 ounce bag corn tortilla chips you’ll only need about 4-5 cups
- 2 cups shredded cheese cheddar monterey jack or a mixture of the two
- Position rack in top third of oven. Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Heat oil in a 9 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef and garlic. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning, mixing to combine. Remove beef from skillet, set aside.
- Spread about 2 cups of chips on the bottom of the cast iron skillet, overlapping them. Top chips with half the beef mixture, half the beans, half the corn, and half the cheese. Bake for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Repeat layers starting with chips and ending with cheese.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro, avocado, sliced jalepeños, diced tomatoes and serve immediately.