This No Bake Lemon Pie is a quick and easy dessert idea! This version is made with cream cheese and fresh lemon juice instead of pudding mix. Whips up in about 10 minutes for one of the quickest dessert recipes that’s perfect for citrus lovers!
Why You’ll Love it
It’s quick and easy! There’s nothing better than an easy dessert, am I right? When everyone is craving something sweet, just whip up this easy pie and watch it get gobbled up.
It’s no bake. No bake desserts are my favorite because you can just pop them in the fridge and have a sweet treat waiting for you after dinner. No need to heat up the kitchen when it’s hot, or when it’s tied up with other dishes.
It’s bursting with fresh lemon flavor. Are you a citrus lover? I have to admit that I am and I can eat it year round. Whether I want to enjoy a taste of summer, or need something bright after a filling holiday meal, fresh lemon flavor it so satisfying.
Step by Step Instructions
Leave cream cheese out at room temperature until softened.
Zest and juice two lemons.
Using a hand held or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, zest and juice, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and heavy cream until creamy and lump free.
Pour mixture into prepared graham cracker crust and smooth the top.
Cut the extra lemon into crosswise slices. Cut each slice into quarters and use to top the pie.
Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
For best results, leave cream cheese out for an hour or two to soften it.
Use exactly ¼ cup of lemon juice. Adding any more will make the pie too soft.
Is powdered sugar and confectioner’s sugar the same thing? Yes, they are the same thing! Powdered sugar and confectioner’s sugar are products made from finely ground granulated table sugar mixed with a small amount or cornstarch.
Add an additional ¼ cup of powdered sugar to thicken filling.
What is lemon zest? It’s is the outside portion of the peel-not the white part known as the pith. The pith is bitter so should be avoided.
How do I zest a lemon? Use a tool like a microplane grater to create fine shreds of zest. Remember to just remove the yellow parts!
How do I zest a lemon without a microplane? You can use the fine side of a box grater or remove the peel with a knife. Finely mince the peel using a chef’s knife. The results won’t be exactly the same, but will work in a pinch.
Learn more about the benefits of lemons from the USDA.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
No Bake Lemon Pie
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crust store bought or homemade
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp lemon zest and ¼ cup fresh lemon juice from 3 large lemons
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar add ¼ cup more to make filling thicker
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Leave cream cheese out at room temperature until softened.
- Zest and juice two lemons.
- Using a hand held or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and heavy cream until creamy and lump free.
- Pour lemon mixture into prepared graham cracker crust and smooth the top.
- Cut the extra lemon into crosswise slices. Cut each slice into quarters and use to top the pie.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.